chance of showers is the oborn family blog. stop by and check the weather from time to time....

Friday, November 4, 2011

Ky's reading

Ky woke up this morning and said, "My favorite thing at school now is reading. I used to not like reading but now I do because I get to take tests and earn points and I like competition. But it's not really competition. I just like getting points."

So we talked awhile about how he must be remembering what he is reading about to know the answers to get points and how that means he must be reading differently than he used to. I asked if he noticed anything different about how he was reading now and this is what he said "Yea I remember a lot now. My brain is like a machine. I read the words, and they go into the machine. Then, when I read the questions on the test, I just take them out and write them down!"

The whole conversation just brought tears to my eyes and I had to run and write this down to share with everyone. I'm so happy for him that the comprehension piece of reading is finally clicking better and is resulting in him actually enjoying what he is reading rather than just decoding words.

Congratulations Ky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment