chance of showers is the oborn family blog. stop by and check the weather from time to time....

Friday, August 9, 2013

Much to celebrate with Barb

Over the course of the last year or so my dear friend Barb has had both of her knees replaced. After working hard in therapy and at home to recover and build strength, Barb has started to tic off some of her 'to do with my new knees' activities. Yesterday she and I took a Segway tour along the St.Croix! We had a great time and Barb amazed with her balance and strength - Yahoo!


As some of you may know, Barb and I met years ago when she was my undergrad instructor at Eau Claire. She moved to the twin cities and took over the ECSE licensure program at St.Thomas when I began in the field about 15 years ago. She has since retired and I'm thrilled to share that I'm finally getting the opportunity to follow in her footsteps - a dream for both of us.  I have been hired (on adjunct basis for now) to take over Barb's position at St.Thomas. I'm both humbled and honored to continue her legacy and to support the development of teachers entering the field I love!

Thank you Barb for teaching, encouraging, inspiring, mentoring and loving me through all the ups and downs...I LOVE YOU!
-

No comments:

Post a Comment