chance of showers is the oborn family blog. stop by and check the weather from time to time....

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A few words from your President...

As a rule, Eliot is FAR more generous with his brother than Ky is with him. As the younger brother, El is usually first to give in and far more likely to share something he loves with Ky than Ky is to share with him. Today Eliot asked me if he could pay Ky $5 for a stick of his gum. Fortunately El did not have $5 in his 'spend' jar so Ky had to accept a far more reasonable (yet still outlandish) price of $1. I reminded El that just a day or so ago, he chose to buy a snorkel at the dollar store instead of gum, and that next time we go to the beach and Ky wants to use his snorkel, he might want to remember that Ky was not interested in sharing his gum but rather insisted on selling it to him. To which Eliot replied "Well President Obama said that even if someone is mean to you, you do not need to be mean back. So when Ky wants to use my snorkel, I will let him for free".

3 comments:

  1. Ummm, adorable! Wonderful things he is learning from our "President." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that is the most amazing thing ever. And what is his obsession with Obama? And also, can you let me know what speach he is referring to, because I may need to watch that one. I FREAKING LOVE YOU EL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the most precious thing I've heard in a long time.... what a beautiful heart.

    ReplyDelete